4 large or 6 medium chicken breasts (2.5 to 3 lbs)
1 large onion, diced ( or dry onion flakes)
2-3 c. barbecue sauce of your choice
6 sandwich buns or hot freshly cooked rice, for serving
1. Rinse boneless chicken breasts & thaw; or trim fat and skin from chicken. (If using split chicken breast, remove bone as well.)
2. Layer chicken, onions, and sauce into a 9x13-inch baking dish or into a slow cooker.
Oven directions (best for BBQ chicken sandwiches!)
1. Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake up to 30 minutes longer, or until sauce is thick.
2. Use two forks to shred the meat. Spread on sandwich buns and serve hot.
Slow cooker directions (best for BBQ chicken with rice!):
1. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
2. Depending on the kind of sauce you used, the sauce could be rather thin by the end, so I like to vent the lid slightly for the last hour of the cooking time.
3. Serve chicken and sauce over hot rice. (too much sauce for sandwiches)
Using a good BBQ sauce will make it or break it! We liked 1/2 Trader Joes BBQ Sauce & 1/2 Stubbs BBQ Sauce (we like a little kick with a little sweet).
You can find the original recipe here: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/easy_bbq_chicken_sandwiches_oven_slow_cooker
Posted by Lynch Family at 12:51 PM
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
3 c. (26 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
1 c. (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 3/4 c. (15 oz container) ricotta cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 t. dried basil leaves
1/2 t. dried oregano leaves
4 c. (16 oz) shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
12 pieces Ronzoni Oven Ready Lasagna, uncooked
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In large skillet, cook meat until browned, stir in spaghetti sauce & turn off heat.
3. In a small bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, basil & oregano.
4. In 9x13 baking dish, spread 3/4 c. meat sauce. Place 3 pieces uncooked pasta crosswise over sauce. Pieces should not overlap or touch sides as they will expand when baked. Spread 2/3 c. ricotta mixture evenly over pasta. Spread 3/4 c. meat sauce over ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with 1 c. mozzarella cheese.
5. Repeat this 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 pasta pieces. Spread remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella & parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Can freeze b4 baking.
Refrigerate up to 48 hours or freeze up to 2 months. Bake refrigerated lasagna with foil at 350 degrees about 40 min and frozen lasagna about 1 hr 30 min, removing foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
Posted by Lynch Family at 11:53 AM