pic from Tammy's Recipes
Last night we had Oven Roasted Chicken.
It was easy.
It was delicious.
I might never buy a Costco rotisserie chicken again...
Now my crockpot is simmering today making this.
Crockpot Chicken Stock
1. Place chicken carcass and any stray bones into crockpot. Larger chicken (6 lbs.) use 6 qt. crockpot.
2. Add any additional vegetables you like - onions, celery, carrots, garlic, herbs. Keep a bag in the freezer of scraps leftover from chopping vegetables. Then just dump this bag in with the bones.
3. Cover the bones and vegetables with cold water and add 1-2 T. apple cider vinegar. Cold water allows the flavor and nutrients to full extract from the bones.
4. Turn the slow cooker on low and simmer overnight for 18-24 hours.
5. Once it has cooled a bit, strain chicken stock using a colander, sieve or cheesecloth.
6. Store in quart canning jars ans use in soups, stews, sauces and cooking grains.
Posted by Lynch Family at 11:48 AM